International Youth Meeting
Dates: 22 - 28 August 2009 (including arrival and departure dates)
Place: Batumi, Georgia
The meeting aims:
To make bridges between Georgian and Russian Youth; To urge; express, communicate, and share something beautiful, give the birth to positive emotions and understanding between youth of different nationalities; especially delegates from opposed communities and nations.
- To gather Georgian and Russian youth together with others under a common roof, and to organize their actual intercultural dialogue for respect and understanding
- To expand participants understanding about young people and their concerns in their respective countries in current realities.
- To develop participants' personal competences for intercultural learning and equality and respect
· Will be interactive with workshops and role plays aimed at finding new tools for youth active involvement in reconciliation processes and intercultural relations;
· All participant countries should present youth current life in their home countries, cultural concepts and values. Each day - two countries are to be presented.
· We will prepare and arrange Photo exhibition " Multiculturalism and the arts" As art can make a positive, and long term contribution to peace and conflict resolution
Besides, you will enjoy Georgian hospitality, delicious food and excursions in exotic places of beautiful Georgia
Russian and English are foreseen as the working language of the meeting. Candidates must have sufficient understanding of one of the working languages, in order to comprehend and fully get involved in the program.
Profile of Participants: Youth
· aged between 20 - 32 years;
· be resident of Council of Europe member countries
· be able to work in working languages of the meeting;
· be committed to attend for the full duration of the course
-Board and lodging is provided and paid for by ASA.
-70 % of Travel and visa costs are reimbursed (upon presentation of the relevant receipts).
-Payment is made at the end of the course in cash.
The preparatory team will make the selection of participants on the basis of the motivation, perceived training needs, experience and potential for multiplication of the experience and knowledge. In addition, the team will try to ensure a balance between gender, geographical regions, and different types of experiences and cultural the selected candidates will be informed by e-mail by 10 July 2009