Here you can find information about important conferences, their resolutions and international agreements.
The Rio declaration on environment and development (1992)
- The declaration has the goal of establishing a new and equitable global partnership through the creation of new levels of co-operation among States, key sectors of societies and people.
European Charter on Environment and Health (1989)
- The Commission of the European Communities was specially invited to participate and, acting on behalf of the Community, also adopted the Charter as a guideline for future action by the Community in areas which lie within Community competence.
Convention on the conservation of European wildlife and natural habitats
- The member States of the Council of Europe and the other signatories hereto, considering that the aim of the Council of Europe is to achieve a greater unity between its members; Considering the wish of the Council of Europe to co-operate with other States in the field of nature conservation; Recognising that wild flora and fauna constitute a natural heritage of aesthetic...
Declaration of Bizkaia on the right to the environment
- The Declaration of Bizkaia on the Right to the Environment, in its preambular part, recalls that Principle I of the 1972 United Nations Declaration on the Human Environment proclaimed that man has the fundamental right to freedom, equality and adequate conditions of life, in an environment of a quality that permits a life of dignity and well-being.
4th Ministerial conference on Environment and Health
- Our health cannot be negotiated. It is a precondition of our personal development and happiness. Nobody should make money on the back of other people's ill health. We need and deserve a fundamental human right to a clean and healthy environment. We also need access to information and education to be able to most effectively take care of our health.