Can you introduce yourself?
I'm Marieta (27) from Croatia and I currently work for a NGO ARGONAUTA which is situated on island Murter, Croatia.
Which YEE member organisation do you belong to? What are the main activities of your organisation?
Main activities of ARGONAUTA are:
- organising different seminars, workshops, presentations according to current projects,
- running Island Sustainability Education Centre – organising exhibitions, children educational and creative workshops, interpretation of natural and cultural heritage of Murter area to visitors of centre, creating publications and other promotional work for ISEC,
- development and implementation of different education programs (nature, environment) for preschool children,
- organising different voluntary actions in the community connected with sustainable development,
- managing volunteer work within organisation,
- networking with other local and regional stakeholders and international partners etc.
How did you get involved in YEE? What was your first impression about YEE?
Last year we applied for the membership and I took over communication between our organisation and YEE. My first impression was that YEE is well organised.
Why did you want to become a member of YEE Board?
I wanted to become a member of YEE Board because of smart and funny people in the YEE network that are working hard to maintain and improve their relationships.
What are your expectations about being in the Board?
I hope to learn how the network functions and help to develop it further.
What is your main aim as a 2015 - 2016 Board member?
To continue in a direction that previous MOs officer set because it will bring change to the network.
Why do you care about the environment? or What does the environment mean to you?
The environment is a part of me – not something distant or separated, but something that surrounds me my whole life and with it I change.
Work plan 2015-2016