Become an online volunteer!
Online Volunteering Opportunity in YEE
Want to do something meaningful this summer? Do you want to make the first step in an environmental NGO? Would you like to contribute to building a greener Europe by empowering young people on environmental issues?
YEE is looking for a remote volunteer to join its team and support its work from 1st of July 2020 to 31st August 2020. The position is unpaid but includes many benefits to commit your time and skills to support our efforts to make Europe more sustainable. Apply now!
As our volunteer, you will become a part of the YEE team and have the opportunity to develop your professional skills, build up your capacities in environmental youth work and work in an international environment with our multicultural team. If you care about the environment and you want to make a difference, join us! It doesn’t matter where you live: if you have a computer, a good internet connection, this might be the opportunity you are waiting for.
YEE has been hosting volunteers for ten years! During these years we have shaped volunteering projects taking into account the experiences gained from the previous volunteers. We value diversity, learning from each other, and intercultural learning. What can you expect from online volunteering? Your tasks as an online volunteer will depend on your skills and expertise.
Your responsibilities will include
- providing support to the YEE Office and Board;
- supporting the implementation of YEE communication plan and social media strategy, managing YEE social media channels and website, including content creation and updating social media calendar;
- preparing visual materials for YEE social media channels according to the YEE visibility strategy;
- coordinating different online campaigns, contributing to the volunteer blog and writing articles for the YEE website and newsletter;
- supporting the work of YEE’s advocacy activities -including helping to set-up an advocacy strategy for the next years.
Who are we looking for? Our online volunteer should:
- be between 18 and 30 years old;
- be available around 10-15 hours per week;
- have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good level of English (the working language of YEE is English so you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing);
- have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Drive,..). & knowledge in digital communication or/and social media (ability to work in Mailchimp and/or create designs in Canva or Photoshop) is considered as an asset;
- have a strong interest in the topics of environmental issues, sustainability, climate justice, youth movements, NGOs, EU affairs, international cooperation, digital communication, and political lobbying;
- be creative and welcome new challenges as learning opportunities;
- be highly organized and responsible for fulfilling your tasks;
- be willing to support the rest of the team and be a team player;
- commit to the aims of the project and YEE values.
Why join us and become an online volunteer?
- you will enhance your intercultural communication skills;
- you will learn essentials about social media management, helping managing YEE’s socials and website;
- you will gain a broader knowledge on the environmental and climate issues, youth policies and youth participation, as well as fundraising and knowledge about funding opportunities in Europe;
- you will gain valuable on-hand insights of working for the largest European network of youth-led environmental NGOs;
- you will have the opportunity to meet young green activists from all over Europe, and to create meaningful connections and enlarge your professional networks;
- you will boost your CV;
- your online volunteering will make a difference, and it will be accordingly recognized and appreciated – after the successful completion of the volunteering, you will get a YEE Volunteer Certificate!
How to apply?
Please send your CV and motivation letter (max. 600 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org till the 20 June 2020 23:00 CET.
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for a short interview with our team. We are looking forward to receiving your applications! Good luck