YEE Web Editor Wanted
Exciting News! YEE has a new volunteering/internship opportunity for young people who want to create a better future. We are looking for a passionate Web Editor to take care of our website, lead our web design and development, and to support us with planning, researching, writing copy and editing the content of the YEE official website.
At YEE we aim to empower young people and strengthen their participation in the environmental and climate decision-making processes. Digital communication, including our website, is an essential tool for us to do our work and engage with young people across Europe. Our goal is to produce creative and engaging digital content to appeal to our audience and maintain our reputation when it comes to fighting climate change and supporting climate action.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about this mission and about the role of digital communications in tackling climate change. Do you want to use your creativity to share the great work of an amazing organisation? Here is what you can expect.
- Manage YEE website;
- Make our website even more user-friendly and mobile-friendly;
- Proofread and edit material, publish new content in YEE website in an innovative and creative way;
- Support the projects communications and YEE newsletter;
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure outreach;
- Ensure content is up-to-date;
- Keep up to date with technological developments and changing technology trends;
- Collaborate with the YEE Communications team and with the wider YEE team to decide on new posts and to deliver our projects communications.
- Working proficiency in English;
- WordPress proficiency and hands on experience with MailChimp, Canva, MS Office, Photoshop or other publishing tools;
- Familiarity with content management systems and social media will be plus;
- Be a proactive self-starter;
- Strong interest in gaining new skills in website management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Have flexible attitude and creative mind;
- Be aligned with YEE core values and mission.
What we offer:
- Practice and gain new website management skills working at the largest independent network of youth environmental NGOs in Europe;
- Interesting, dynamic and engaging work in an international team;
- Enlarge your network and develop career in climate communication;
- Develop your portfolio with real examples of your work on the YEE website.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and short motivation statement (max 300 words) to our Communications Officer Gagik at email@example.com
The deadline for application is 15 December 2020 / 23.00 CET.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their background. We particularly encourage young people who want to develop their career in climate action communication and students of web development/programming, digital communications, journalism and marketing to apply. This position will be held remotely. We’ll work with your schedule with a requirement of 10-15h per week, initially for a 3 month commitment.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!