Youth and Environment Europe is announcing an open call for participants for the international training course “Create Your Grassroots” that will take place from 1 – 7 July 2019 in Brno, Czech Republic.
Today in Europe, many young people still feel skeptical about the institutionalized politics, future of Europe and their participation in the social and political life of their communities, grassroots projects and activism could be seen as the right tool for making a real and youth-led change in society.
The aim of the training course is to develop the competences of environmental youth organisations needed to organise and support effective grassroots projects.
Objectives of the training course are:
– To explore, learn and practice diverse tools and methods of grassroots project management
– To give tools and knowledge on how to work with local authorities and get funding and support for grassroots actions
– To plan local grassroots-related action using new skills and tools
In order to increase capacities of young people to advocate for grassroots initiatives, we will:
- We will train various competences that youth workers need in order to organise successful environmental grassroots projects and support young people and local communities.
- We will have sessions on how to identify the problem and check if grassroots approach fits it, how to identify stakeholders, work with community, get funding, attract young people, organise the work of volunteers, finalise projects.
- The last part of the training will be devoted to planning the local projects.Learn what grassroots activism and actions are, and in particular environmental grassroots movements;
We welcome applications from those who are interested in the topic, are motivated to learn and share knowledge with an international group of young people in the training course and get involved in projects on the topic following the course. The criteria for applying are the following:
- Be active in a YEE member organisation or work/volunteer directly with young people as a youth leader, youth worker, peer educator
- Have experience or interest in the topic of environmental grassroots movements
- Have at least an intermediate level of English
- Be able to attend the whole seminar and preparatory task before the seminar
- Take initiative in organising local actions after July 2019
- Have the motivation to take back the learning experience to your home organisations and/or communities
The program will be based on the principles of non-formal education and intercultural learning. We strive for an active, inclusive program that includes direct communication and a sharing of knowledge. The sessions will be balanced between theoretical inputs, workshops, discussions, training and other interactive methods of non-formal learning.
We are looking for 28 young people between 18-30, residing in one of the Council of Europe member states, Belarus or Kosovo*.
The full cost of working materials, visa and lodging (accommodation in multi-bed rooms, vegetarian food, and refreshments) during the training will be covered by the organisers.
Participation Fee: In exchange, we ask for a participation fee of 30 EUR for participants coming from non-EU countries and 50 EUR for participants coming from EU countries, Norway, Switzerland, and Iceland.
Applicants for whom paying this fee is an obstacle for participation, should still apply and mention this in their application. YEE will try to find a solution together with the applicant after the selection is finalised.
Visa costs will be fully reimbursed. YEE will reimburse 80% of travel cost within reasonable limits and within Europe for all participants. All with the condition to follow YEE travel policy to combine the most economic and environmentally friendly way (lowest price + travel time + CO2 emissions).
Please make sure you buy comprehensive travel and medical insurance with your trip in case of issues with your travel or you can’t travel due to last minute emergencies. Please note that YEE cannot cover the cost of medical assistance or re-book any missed flight.
Deadline for applications: 26 MAY 2019 (23:59 CET).
You will be informed about the results of the selection within two weeks after the deadline.
If you have any questions regarding the prep-team application please don’t hesitate to contact YEE Project Coordinator at email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!