Do you enjoy organising successful events? Are you interested in environmental issues and youth participation? Do you want to plan a great training session with YEE? If you answered yes to all of these questions, apply now and become part of our Prep-Team!
Youth and Environment Europe is announcing an open call for members of preparatory team for the Training Course “Building the Vision: Youth environmental organisations of the future” as part of its long-term project “Imagining the Green Future: Environmental strategy and Youth advocacy”!
The aim of the long-term project is to contribute to the sustainability of the activities andn structure of environmental youth movements, informal groups and organisations to ensure young people’s access to participation in policy making processes.
The “Imagining the Green Future: Environmental strategy and Youth advocacy” project is composed of two international trainings.
The first activity – Training Course “Building the Vision: Youth environmental organisations of the future” will take place in Brussels (Belgium) from 18th to 24th May 2020. The five day Training Course will bring together 28 young people from all over Europe. During the training we will explore how to shift from an informal group or a grassroots movement into an organisation with a vision and structure!
With this activity we would like to prepare young people from environmental movements, informal groups and NGOs to think of (re)establishing their structure and (re)defining their vision, organisational aims and objectives.
The objectives of the training course “Building the Vision: Youth environmental organisations of the future” are:
- Vision Building – to support youth environmental activists, workers and informal groups to create a vision and structure for entering the political environment;
- To train young people in developing and/or improving the sustainable vision, objectives and democratic structures for their organisation or movement (we will focus on the membership/stakeholder management and financial sustainability);
- To develop organisational and other competences and skills of young people needed to advocate, campaign and lobby for environmental policies on local level;
- To create a space for exchanging good practices and learning from each other among youth workers, activists, members of youth-led movements and informal groups.
The main responsibility of the prep-team is preparation of the project phases with the full support of a trainer and YEE Project Manager.
- Design, preparation, implementation and facilitation of the programme and sessions based on non-formal education methodology and experiential learning;
- Preparation and dissemination of the participant call and selection of participants;
- Preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Take care of practicalities and for the general well-being of the participants;
- Coordination of the follow-up activities and support with the final reporting of the project.
As a Prep-team member you should:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old.
- Have great communication skills and speak English very well (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing);
- Have previous experience designing and implementing trainings and workshops;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods and principles;
- Feel comfortable with public speaking and facilitation;
- Have working experience with the topics of the training course: environmental issues, sustainability, youth movements, NGOs, vision building, organizational management, and political lobbying;
- Welcome new challenges as learning opportunities;
- Be highly organized and responsible about fulfilling your tasks
- Be willing to support the rest of the group and be a team-player
- Commit to the aims of the project and YEE values!
- Be available for the following dates:
Regular online meetings prior the event (March 2020 – May 2020 // 2-3h a week);
Live prep team meeting in Brussels between 26-29 March 2020 (arrival on 26th departure at 29th in the evening);
Preparation Days and Training Course in Brussels between 16-24 May 2020;
Evaluation meeting after the training course on 24 May 2020;
Being a prep-team member at a YEE project would offer you:
- Volunteering in an international environmental youth network ;
- Experience in project coordination & managing youth projects – preparation, implementation, evaluation, follow up and reporting;
- Experience in non-formal education and experiential learning training and facilitation;
- To extend your knowledge about environmental organisations, NGOs, grassroots movements, youth actions and projects;
- The possibility of holding different roles for the future YEE activities/projects and receiving a recommendation letter from YEE!
The program will be based on the principles of non-formal education and intercultural learning. We strive for active, inclusive and direct communication and transfer and sharing of knowledge. Sessions will be balanced between theoretical inputs, training, workshops, discussions, reflection, planning and brainstorming using specific non-formal education tools and other interactive methods of learning.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit the online application which you can find HERE.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications: 3rd March 2020, Midnight CET. Selected candidates can expect a short Skype call with our Project Manager Karolina!
If you have any questions regarding the prep-team application please don’t hesitate to contact YEE Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org