Youth and Environment Europe is announcing an open call for members of preparatory team (prep-team) for the Training Course “Create Your Grassroots” as part of the Let Grassroots Grow long-term project.
The aim of the Long-term project is to build the expertise of youth organisations needed to support youth-led environmental grassroots projects.
This will be achieved through the following objectives:
– To define the concept of environmental grassroots projects and their role in fostering youth participation.
– To create a space for peer learning and sharing: exchange of best practices and experiences among youth organisations.
– To develop the competences of environmental youth organisations needed to organise and support effective grassroots actions and projects.
– To support and empower local initiatives to organise local grassroots actions.
The objectives of the training course Create Your Grassroots are:
– To explore, learn and practise diverse tools and methods of grassroots project management
– To give tools and knowledge on how to work with local authorities and get funding and support for grassroots actions
– To plan local grassroots-related action using new skills and tools
The main responsibility of the prep-team is preparation of the project phases with the full support of a trainer, YEE Project Coordinator and a YEE Board member. In particular:
- Active participation in the regular online meetings prior the event (May 2019 – July 2019 // 2-3h a week)
- Participation in the live prep team meeting in Prague between 16-19 May 2019 (arrival on 16th departure at 19th in the evening);
- Full participation during the entire event between 1-7 July 2019
- Preparation and Evaluation meeting after the Seminar on 30-31 June and 7 July 2019 (departure on 8th)
- Preparation and dissemination of the call and selection of participants, preparation of participants for the event and providing them with all the necessary information regarding the program;
- Preparation and implementation of the programme for every step of the project; designing and preparing sessions based on non-formal education methodology, invitation and communication with speakers, experts, trainers and partners in accordance with the project aims;
- Taking care of practicalities and for the general well-being of the participants;
- Coordination of the follow-up activities;
- Help with the reporting of the project.
Being a prep-team member at a YEE project would offer you:
- Volunteering in an environmental youth organisation;
- Experience in managing youth projects – preparation, implementation, evaluation, follow up and reporting;
- To extend your knowledge about grassroots movements, actions and projects;
- A possibility to develop your skills in experiential learning and non-formal education;
Prep-team members should:
- Speak English (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing).
- Be willing to take on a challenge;
- Be responsible about fulfilling their tasks and support the rest of the group;
- Be committed to the aims of the project and YEE values;
- Be familiar with non-formal education methods.
The program will be based on the principles of non-formal education and intercultural learning.
We strive for active, inclusive and direct communication and transfer and sharing of knowledge. Sessions will be balanced between theoretical inputs, training, workshops, discussions, reflection, planning, brainstorming and other interactive methods of learning.
Accommodation, food, working space, travel and visa costs for preparatory team will be fully covered.
DEADLINE for submitting online applications: 1st May 2019, Midnight CET.
If you have any questions regarding the prep-team application please don’t hesitate to contact YEE Project Coordinator at email@example.com