Call for the regional contact persons (RCPs)
Youth and Environment Europe (YEE) is pleased to announce the open call for the regional contact persons (RCPs) 2022/2023. The elections of the new RCPs will take place during the General Assembly that will take place on the 1-2nd of July 2022 in Grenoble, France (remote attendance is possible via Zoom).
Who are we looking for:
The Regional Contact Persons are the representatives of the regions, and the link between the Board and the Members of YEE. YEE MOs elect four Regional Contact Persons on the annual basis. Please, note, according to policies of YEE, all RCPs should be under 30 years of age when elected.
What will the job entail:
The duties of Regional Contact Persons are:
- To establish connections, and to develop and maintain relationships with the MOs and the Regional Team in their respective region.
- To organise and chair regional online meetings with MOs located in their respective region at least four times a year: in February-March, May-June, September-October, November-December.
- To organise an in-person Regional meeting once per year at the YEE Annual Meeting. If the in-person meeting is not possible, to organise an online meeting aligned with the Annual Meeting of YEE.
- To inform the Member Organisations Officer about the situation in their region on a regular basis, or whenever requested by the Member Organisations Officer.
- To keep the MOs database updated.
- To prepare and send out the MO Survey in cooperation with the YEE Member Organisations Officer and the Secretariat.
- To prepare a short written Annual Regional Report about the status of their region (including for example, but not limited to, an overview of MOs, their activities, the results of the MO Survey).
- To represent and promote YEE in their region to expand the network.
- To guide candidate MOs of their respective regions through the application process.
- To propose MOs to be discharged and candidate MOs to be approved to the Member Organisations Office, who will make the final proposal to the General Assembly.
- To connect MOs with the YEE working groups of YEE.
- To facilitate the work of MOs in their respective region on joint statements, actions, campaigns regarding regional environmental issues.
- To carry out a well-structured handover with the elected RCP regarding the situation of the region and the progress of the RT during its term
How to apply
All interested candidates are invited to send their applications by 20th of May 2022, 23:59 CEST, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the applications will be sent to the member organisations of YEE after the deadline for applications. This procedure will allow all the delegates of the YEE General Assembly to get acquainted with the candidates and to decide who to give the vote for on behalf of their organisation beforehand.
Deadline for applications: 20th of May 2022, 23:59 CEST