Call for the Treasurer 2022/2023
Youth and Environment Europe (YEE) is pleased to announce the open call for the Treasurer 2022/2023. After the General Assembly 2022 held in July in Grenoble, YEE elected the new Executive Board, however, no applications have been received for the position of Treasurer. Therefore, YEE is opening a new call for applications. The elections of the new Treasurer will take place during the Extraordinary General Assembly that will take place in October 2022 online, the date and time will be announced in August.
Responsibilities of the Treasurer:
- working closely together with other members of the Executive Board of YEE. Together, the Executive Board is responsible for making all the decisions in between the Annual Meetings and implementing the Work Plan accepted by the General Assembly, together with the Secretariat.
- maintaining the overview over YEE’s financial situation by reviewing the YEE’s state of the account, transactions, cash flow and monitors the budget approved by the General Assembly at the Annual Meeting. The Treasurer reports to the Executive Board in case of major changes.
- maintaining the fundraising database of YEE, keeping track of grants and amounts received, funders contacted, etc.
- supporting the Secretary General in finding new ways of fundraising and developing relationships with new funders.
- cooperating closely with the Secretary General in the creation of the budget and the financial part of the Annual Report by collecting relevant information from the Member Organisations, the project teams and the Board Members and presenting both to the Executive Board and General Assembly for approval.
The position of a Board Member of YEE is voluntary and remote.
By assuming the position of Treasurer you will get an opportunity to work with an ambitious multinational team, and get international exposure and hands-on experience in fundraising and finance coordination. Becoming a member of the YEE Board will help you develop your competencies and acquire a range of skills which will be beneficial for your future, as well as attain concrete opportunities for your education or career development.
How to apply
All interested candidates are invited to send their application, CV and nomination letter from any of YEE member organisations by the 10th of September 2022, 23:59 CEST, to email@example.com. Please, find the application form via this link, and the nomination letter template here.
All the applications will be sent to the member organisations of YEE after the deadline for applications. This procedure will allow all the delegates of the YEE General Assembly to get acquainted with the candidates and to decide who to give the vote for on behalf of their organisation