Call for workshop leaders
In the framework of its green cities project, YEE is organising the Youth Greenoble Summit from June 28th to June 30th in partnership with the City of Grenoble (France), European Green Capital 2022 and the French presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Aiming at emphasising the importance of cities in environmental and social change and the need for more inclusive and intersectional local campaigns, our event will bring together around 75 young people between 18 and 30 years old, coming from all over Europe and interested in advocating at the city level. Through a mixed format between a variety of workshops, conferences, experience sharing moments and informal activities in Grenoble, YEE wants:
- To provide participants with theoretical knowledge on how to implement green local policies through an intersectional approach and equip them with advocacy tools and skills to lead inclusive local campaigns
- To provide them with positive examples and inspire them to become environmental and climate youth activists and exchange knowledge
- To bring youth demands on building a more intersectional, just and green transition to the highest level of decision-making (including the European Commission and the French government)
In order to be considered for as a workshop leader, you should:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old;
- Be affiliated with YEE or one of our member organisations;
- Have good communication skills and speak English well (they should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing);
- Have working/ studying experience with at least one of the topics of the summit: local advocacy, inclusion, urban resilience and climate justice
- Commit to the aims and objectives of the project and YEE values
In order to offer peer-to-peer learning and co-build this event as much as possible with you, we are now looking for workshop leaders from our member organisations!
What can workshop leaders expect?
- Travel reimbursement (up to 250 EUR/person)
- All costs in Grenoble (food, accommodation, activities, etc.) covered
- A certificate from YEE attesting that you led the workshop(s)
- Last but not least: lots of love and recognition from the YEE community and beyond
How to apply?
Apply before April 15th 2022 through the form linked below. The project team composed of YEE members will select the different proposals that seem the most relevant to the theme and our objectives.