Call for YEE Project Manager
What is YEE?
Youth and Environment Europe is the largest independent environmental network of youth-led organisations in Europe.
Based in Prague, our staff is composed of the Secretary General, the Office and Finance Coordinator and of our European Solidarity Corps Volunteers. The staff’ work is supported by YEE’s
Executive Board which is gender and geographically balanced. It’s with joy and motivation that we empower young people, raise awareness on environmental issues and advocate at the European level. There has never been so much momentum with young people fighting for our planet, let’s fight for a healthier environment together!
Our Project Manager is responsible for implementing YEE’s projects. The Project Manager is the main person responsible for the whole project cycle. This is a key role for YEE as the Project Manager is responsible to actualise YEE’s vision and mission. The holder of the position have great responsibility to inspire young people while being provided by many learning opportunities in terms of project management and leadership skills. The Project Manager reports to the Secretary General and the Executive Board of YEE.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, the ability to work in multi-cultural teams and environments; ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge and experience in non-formal education
- Experience in project management, grant application and grant reporting (Erasmus+/European Youth Foundation, etc…) and organising youth events
- Being a team player, excellent collaboration skills
- Good computer skills and digital literacy
- Proficiency in English language (written and spoken);
- Flexibility to travel, available to occasionally work during weekends
- Being at the age between 18-35
- Interest in and ability to lead, engage and motivate young people
- Involvement in or good understanding of youth and environmental movements in Europe is appreciated
- Experience of working in civil society organisations
- Having a work permit in the Czech Republic is an advantage
- Fulfilling all tasks within the project cycle including but not limited to designing preparation of concept notes, implementation, evaluation and reporting phases of the long term projects of YEE
- Searching and identifying project funding sources and preparing project applications;
- Leading the communication and coordinating between the stakeholders (such as participants, project partners, funders etc…)
- Support to the implementation and coordination of statutory meetings
- Coordinating and mentoring European Solidarity Corps Volunteers
- Content management of YEE Website
- Overviewing the content creation and management of YEE social media channels
- A full-time position (40 hours per week);
- An inclusive and multicultural work environment with friendly colleagues coming from diverse backgrounds and different corners of Europe
- Flexible working hours and frequent travel;
- All work related costs such as travel, equipment etc. to be covered;
- Envisioned start date is January 2020 with 3 months probation period for an initial period of one year with the possibility of prolonging the contract;
- In addition to monthly salary, monthly benefits related to food, transportation and contribution to telephone costs are provided.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application to email@example.com, applications will be considered on a rolling basis. All candidates will be informed about the results of their application within a week after the submission date. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews in our office in Prague or will have online interviews.
The application must include a CV and a cover letter outlining the motivation for this position at YEE, both documents comprised in a single pdf document which includes the first and last name of the candidate as document name. The email title should be: “YOUR NAME&SURNAME- Application for Project Manager Position”
In case of questions, please do not hesitate to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org