Job Opportunity | Communications Manager
Youth and Environment Europe (YEE) is the largest independent European network of environmental youth organizations. YEE unites 52 member organisations coming from 30 countries.
Our mission is to unite environmental youth non-profit organisations in Europe. YEE’s goal is to mitigate the climate crisis by:
- raising awareness and building capacity among youth on the climate crisis;
- enhancing international cooperation and knowledge-sharing among our members;
- strengthening the participation of youth in environmental and climate decision-making processes.
YEE is looking for a full-time (40 hours/week) Communications Manager to work with us on YEE’s digital communications strategy, to showcase YEE’s projects and initiatives, to drive digital engagement, and to help us promote the inclusion of diverse young people in the European youth climate movement and environmental decision-making processes.
Who are we looking for:
- A young European between 18 and 29 years old, based in Prague or willing to relocate to Prague, Czechia. We accept applications from candidates who will not be able to relocate immediately, too.
- Someone with experience in digital communications, social media, digital engagement strategy, and a good understanding of social media analytics and metrics.
- Experienced user of Canva and WordPress (or willing to learn fast by doing). Any other graphic design tool experience is a strong asset.
- Creative person, able to bring new fresh ideas to the table.
- With a strong ability to communicate clearly and consistently in a group setting.
- Well-organised and result-oriented, able to manage their time, set priorities, find resources and deliver results autonomously.
- With a kind, sensitive and intersectional approach to people.
Would be an asset:
- Experience in public relations and/or event management.
- Experience in working/volunteering with different forms of media.
- Some video editing skills.
- Knowledge of the climate crisis, environmental movements, policy, UN processes, European policy, involvement in or good understanding of Green movements and Green politics.
What will you do:
- Conception, implementation, and management of all YEE-related communication and the related coordination processes with project teams, ensuring the visibility of various projects and the YEE.
- Editorial support of the website, updating the content and working with WordPress.
- Coordination and editorial support of social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, perhaps new channels in the future).
- Promotion of events through various channels, multipliers, and cooperation partners.
- Coordination of communication materials with the project managers, partners, and service providers.
- Maintaining and developing communication tools and materials.
- Supporting the development of internal support mechanisms (guides, documentation) and knowledge sharing.
- Supporting the development of YEE’s advocacy-related social media strategy and punctually supporting the work of the Advocacy Working Group.
- Occasionally, work during weekends and/or in evenings is required and will be compensated with equal time off.
What we offer:
- A 12-month full-time (40 hours per week) employment contract with social and health insurance in Prague, Czechia, with a possibility to prolong depending on available funding and performance.
- A monthly net salary of 37 000 CZK + benefits (Edenred restaurant card + 50% personal phone bill reimbursement).
- Work in the office in the Prague city centre, together with an ambitious and supportive international team in Prague and all over Europe.
- Developing knowledge and experience in a variety of projects and gain an understanding of youth-led advocacy and non-formal education.
- Non-hierarchical setting with plenty of opportunities to input on all projects, co-design processes, participate in organisational decision making and grow as a professional.
Starting date: August 16th, 2021.
Apply here till the 11th of July. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a short test task.
In case of any questions, please, contact our Secretary General Tetiana Stadnyk at email@example.com.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!