If you answered yes to all of these questions, then this training course is the right choice for you and your organisation! And although the best things in life don’t come free, this training course is an exception and it’s completely free of charge!
Youth and Environment Europe is looking for participants for the online international training course “Building the Vision: Youth environmental organisations of the future” on 18 -24 May 2020. The online training course is the first activity of YEE’s project ‘Imagining the Green Future’ supported by the European Youth Foundation, Council of Europe and Erasmus+.
Would you like to participate in an online interactive training course based on non-formal education principles?
During the online training we will explore how to shift from an informal group or a grassroots movement into an organisation with a vision and structure!
What can you expect?
The training course will prepare young people from environmental movements, informal groups and NGOs to think of (re)establishing their structure and (re)defining their vision, organisational aims and objectives. YEE wants to support youth environmental activists, workers and informal groups to create a vision and structure for entering the political environment.
You can expect interactive sessions facilitated by our amazing Preparatory team of trainers, educators and facilitators, Romy, Karolina, Tanya, Jovana, Naira, Denim and Tim! Meet the team and read more about each team member here.
We will have various sessions during which you will:
What makes it even more exciting is that we know your participation will make a difference and therefore it will be highly appreciated. After successful completion of the training course, you will get a YEE Certificate for each of the main topical sessions as well as the YouthPass training course certificate from Erasmus+!
Who are we looking for?
We welcome applications from those who are interested in the topic, are motivated to learn and share knowledge with an international group of young people in the training course and get involved in projects on the topic following the course.
The criteria for applying are the following:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old, residing in one of the Council of Europe member states, Belarus or Kosovo;
- Have good communication skills and speak English well (you should be able to clearly express yourself both orally and in writing);
- Be active in a YEE member organisation or any other youth organisation, group or movement, or work/volunteer in such a organisation;
- Be interested in the topics of the training course: environmental issues, sustainability, youth movements, NGOs, vision building, organizational management, fundraising, and political lobbying;
- Be willing to support the rest of the group and be a team-player;
- Be able and motivated to attend the whole training course and take part in the activities and tasks specified below (“Important Info”);
- Have the motivation to take part in the following project activities (second training course in August 2020 and local actions after the second training course);
- Have the motivation to take back the learning experience to your home organisations and/or communities;
- Be committed to the aims of the project and YEE values!
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit the online application which you can find HERE.
Deadline for applications: 30 APRIL 2020 (23:59 CET).
You will be informed about the results of the selection within ten days after the deadline. By submitting the online application form you agree with the training course terms and conditions specified in the “Important Info” section below.
If you have any questions regarding the prep-team application please don’t hesitate to contact YEE Project Manager Karolina at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to receiving your applications! Good Luck!
- The training course will take place online during the week from 18 to 24 May 2020. The training will have 7 working days, with a total 4,5 training hours from 10.00 to 16.00 (CET). We will hold two blocks of online sessions each day, first from 10.00 to 12.00 (CET) and second one from 13.30 to 15.30 (CET). Each working day will be closed with the “evaluation and reflection session” from 15.30 to 16.00 (CET). The 7 working days will include one free afternoon and voluntary evening online programme. This training course is free of charge.
- The training course programme will be based on the principles of non-formal education and intercultural learning. We strive for an active, inclusive program that includes direct communication and a sharing of knowledge. The online sessions will be balanced between theoretical inputs, workshops, discussions, training and other interactive methods of non-formal learning.
- The training course will happen online and therefore it is important for the participants to read and respect our YEE Code of Conduct for Online Learning. We will use online interactive tools such as Zoom breakout rooms or Mentimeter interactive presentation software. That’s why participants should attend the sessions in a quiet environment with a good internet connection and sufficient audio/video equipment.
- The participants will be responsible for creating the training course outputs which will be further specified at the beginning of the training course. Each participant should contribute to one particular output of their choice. The outputs will be delivered within the one month after the training course.
- The participants will be asked to fill out the online evaluation forms within one month after the training course, to provide YEE with their respective and valuable feedback.
- The online training course is the first activity of YEE’s project ‘Imagining the Green Future’ supported by the European Youth Foundation, Council of Europe and Erasmus+. Therefore, there are follow-up activities which the participants of the first online training course should attend. These are the second training course “Advocates for a Green Future” which should take place in August 2020 and the final activity “Step up and stand up!” which are the local action projects. Please find more info on our website here.
- By submitting the online application form you agree to participate in the whole programme of the training course, meaning every session during the full 7 working days, further specified in the point I. and II.
- By submitting the online application form you agree to respect the YEE Code of Conduct for Online Learning and conditions specified in the point III.
- By submitting the online application form you agree to take part in the tasks after the training course and to participate in the long-term project´s following activities specified in the points 4, 5 and 6.