When: 5-12 March 2017
Where: European Youth Center, Strasbourg, France
YEE believes that the topic of gender equality is of great importance to all young Europeans. As our network consists of environmental organisations, very often the topic of inclusion and gender equality is not focused on or considered. We would like to introduce the change in the attitude of environmental youth organisations with this study session – by exploring the topic of gender in youth work and specifically in environmental projects. We would like to draw the attention of our member organisations that gender issues are always present in any kind of youth work. With this project we looked into ways on how to include gender perspective and gender mainstreaming in our future projects. We have done so by sharing our experience and with the support of external experts that are active in the field of gender equality.
Aims and objectives:
To explore the topic of gender equality and gender perspective in environmental youth projects and the ways of addressing this topic in work of environmental youth organisations.
- To share the realities and experience of gender issues in various European countries;
- To learn more about gender mainstreaming, especially in youth work (what it is, why it is needed, how it can be done);
- To share experience in organising environmental projects and explore them from the gender perspective;
- To discover and think of the ways of introducing gender mainstreaming in environmental youth projects;
- To work on the ways how environmental projects can tackle gender issues.
Besides 4 preparatory team members 25 participants from 22 countries took part in the study session. The participants were youth workers or volunteers actively involved in environmental youth organisations.
Read here the report outcome following the study session.