[CLOSED] We are looking for a part-time Strategic Communications Coordinator | New Opportunity
Strategic Communications Coordinator – Job Description
The role of the Strategic Communications Coordinator would be to think strategically about the communications element of campaigns and initiatives of the AWG, especially the toolkits. This person would work closely with all members of the AWG as well as be under the supervision of both Advocacy Manager and Communication Manager. It would be a part-time job, of 17 hours a week, of which ⅔ should be concentrated on actual content creation.
The key responsibilities of a Strategic Comms Officer would be to:
- Create social media content for Toolkits and their social media banks
- Create social media content strategies for specific advocacy campaigns
- Create and design infographics to support policy briefs and handbooks
- Write articles promoting AWG’s campaigns and works, which can be either on YEE blog or for another news platform or outlet
- Work with YEE’s Board Member for External Affairs and the Advocacy Manager to help prepare volunteers for any speaking or communications opportunities that are linked to advocacy
- Develop relationships with PR green firms and key media outlets (Euronews, Euractiv…)
- Support the work of the Advocacy Working Group in general.
Overall, this position is not to work in Communication in terms of promotion and exposure but to work concretely on creating materials and thinking strategically about campaigns.
Who are we looking for?
- A young person, between 18-29, preferably a student or young professional with flexible hours; able to take meetings during the day on weekdays.
- From Europe (not limited to European Union Member States)
- Someone with communications and design skills and knowledge
- Comfortable with platforms and tools such as Google Drive, Zoom, Slack, Notion, Canva & more
- Ability to communicate clearly and consistently in a group setting
- A positive attitude in the face of the climate and biodiversity crisis
- Skills that would be an asset:
- Knowledge of Canva
- Comfortable to Expert use of social media: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & more
- Copywriting, high level of English
- Knowledge of other languages (French, Polish…);
- Knowledge of environmental youth sphere
- Understanding of campaigns
What do we offer?
- Part-time position of 17 hours per week with a monthly net salary of 19400 Czech Crowns, (equivalent to 760 EUR, depending on the conversion rate). The position will run from October 2021 to March 2022 with the possibility of prolonging the contract depending on funding.
- An inclusive work environment with fun, friendly and passionate colleagues from all corners of Europe;
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote work or opportunity to work with us in our office in Prague;
- Possibility to learn and grow very quickly with the opportunity to learn about policy-making processes at the national, European and international level.
If you are interested in this position, please apply here until Sunday 3rd October 2021, 23.59 CEST
At YEE, we value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!