Call for a volunteer
Youth and Environment Europe is looking for a volunteer (for max. 10 hours per week, remote possible) that would take on the lead of holding interviews with climate activists from marginalised backgrounds.
Who are we looking for:
We welcome applications from those who are interested in the topic, are motivated to learn, and are passionate about giving platforms to climate activists.
- Have good communication skills and speak English well (they should be able to clearly express themselves both orally and in writing);
- Have skills/be interested in learning with using social media and graphic design;
- Welcome new challenges as learning opportunities;
- Be willing to support the rest of the group and be a team player;
- Be willing and motivated to look for activists and carry out interviews;
- Be committed to the aims of the project and YEE values
What will the job entail:
The aim of this activity is to give a platform to activists that would otherwise stay unheard. At YEE we want to support marginalised activists and local movements in order to emphasize the urgency of tackling the climate crisis and to share hopeful stories of change led by young women, Roma people, LGBTQ+ youth, and other youth communities that experience inequality and discrimination.
Your job would be to actively search for activists and activist groups from marginalised backgrounds and reach out to them with this opportunity. You would be carrying out the interviews and posting them on our social media.
What we offer:
- Skills development in the field of communications and PR
- Participation in an exciting project Meet the Green Generation with Euronews
- Support and guidance from the YEE staff and volunteers
- Letter of recommendation
- Access to a wide European network of young environmental activists
- Non-hierarchical setting with plenty of opportunities to input, co-design processes, participate in organisational decision making and grow as a professional
- Flexible hours – you will be able to schedule your work according to your other commitments
Starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and a motivation letter to our Project Coordinator Žofie at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: 11th of April 2022 (23:59 CET).