YEE is open to host one intern at time in our office. We have previously hosted multiple motivated young people who wanted to learn about the work of an international environmental youth network. We are looking for young people that will be able to stay in Prague and work with us for a period of 6-12 months.
Why interning at YEE
- Get experience in working in a young international team;
- Acquire relevant experience in the non-governmental organisational (NGO) field and youth work;
- Develop your skills in project management, organisation of events, financial management, strategical thinking
- Enhance your communication, language, networking skills;
- Space/resources for you to put your own initiatives/project ideas into practice;
- Recognition of your achievement (you will receive a document to certify your work with YEE).
YEE internship is a space to learn and develop one’s capacities. It’s an unforgettable experience, that has changed and is changing many people’s lives.
- Helping with the preparation and coordination of international projects and events;
- Helping in preparations of international project applications;
- Helping in fundraising;
- Helping with the administrative work in the office
- Helping with organising the Statutory events of the network (Annual Meetings, Board Meetings, Internal Audit).
- Fluency in English language (both spoken and written);
- Between 18-30 years old;
- Interest in international cooperation, project and administrative management and environmental and social issues;
- IT skills (word processors, online documents, etc.);
- Good management of deadlines and assignments;
- Motivated, responsible, creative, independent and with sense of initiative, but also a team player; they must be open-minded and interested in exploring all parts of working in an NGO;
- Previous experience in volunteering is an asset.
- Able to stay in Prague and work with us for a period of 6-12 months
Unfortunately YEE doesn’t have any funds to provide the interns with financial support, this is why we only accept young people who already have received scholarships and grants for the internship, or are planning to apply for before the start of the internship.
We don’t accept volunteers that are already based in Prague, because we don’t have means for covering their costs on this position.
If you are interested in this opportunity, check the possible funding opportunities in your home town or university. We encourage you to check the Erasmus+ programme for grants possibilities.
If you are interested in interning at YEE and have/are planning to fundraise your own living costs in Prague, please send your CV and motivation letter answering the following questions to email@example.com:
- Why would you like to do an internship in YEE? What do you expect to get and what can you contribute with?
- What is your experience with and interest towards Environmental Education and Youth Work?
- Which fund do you plan to apply for/already have grant from and when do you envision to start your internship? How long do you envision to stay at YEE as intern?
- How do you see your life after your internship in YEE?
Please, make sure that you indicate “Internship in YEE – Your Name” as subject of the e-mail.
There is no deadline, the applications for the Internship will be discussed by the Board and Secretariat every month and you will be informed regarding the decision as soon as possible.