Call for a Secretary General
YEE is looking for a full-time (40 hours per week) Secretary General to work with YEE in our office in Prague.
Who are we looking for:
A young person based in Prague or able to relocate to Prague, Czechia with:
- experience in management (organisational, project, HR, finance, etc.), civil society work, environmental field and demonstrable environmental commitment
- strong operational planning and prioritisation skills, ability to delegate effectively and fairly and to balance consultative and authoritative approaches
- ability to build respectful, productive working relationships with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- ability to see the big picture whilst having an eye for detail and translate an ambitious vision into achievable objectives
- excellent written and spoken English, fluency in other languages widely spoken in the region is an asset
- experience in grant writing and fundraising, as well as reporting, especially for the European Commission grants (Erasmus+, DEAR, Live programmes, etc.)
- understanding of EU and international environment-related policies and decision-making processes.
What the job will entail:
- Accountability to the Board and General Assembly for implementation of the annual work programme and management of the budget
- Managerial oversight of the Secretariat, including recruitment, supervision, appraisal and motivation of staff and effective delegation
- Oversight of financial and project/programme management
- Ensuring that the structures and processes within the organisation are kept under review and remain fit for purpose, especially in the light of organisational growth
- Upholding of transparent and effective communication norms, both within the organisation and externally
- Outreach to current and potential partners to maintain and strengthen relationships
- Accessibility, visibility and responsiveness to member organisations
- Effective servicing of the General Assembly, Board and other governance bodies.
- Assisting the team with membership engagement, helping the Board to integrate new member organisations
- Engagement with existing and potential donors
- Overseeing of fundraising strategy to consolidate and diversify funding sources
What we offer:
- A 12 month full-time (40 hours per week) employment contract with a possibility to prolong
- A monthly net salary of 39 000 CZK
- Work in the office in the Prague city centre, together with an ambitious international team in Prague and all over Europe
- An opportunity to lead one of the biggest networks of environmental NGOs.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply
Apply through an online form below before the 30th of September. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.